- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Catherine Anne Ragan and David Lewis Tlapek were married Sept. 18, 2004, at St. Monica Catholic Church in Santa Monica, Calif. Monsignor Lloyd Torgenson performed the ceremony.
Parents of the couple are Aug and Zoe Ragan of Alta Loma, Calif., and Pat and Anne Tlapek of Cape Girardeau.
The bride was escorted by her father.
Attending couples were Elizabeth and Richard Egan of Lakewood, Calif., and Annmarie and Chris Michael of Phoenix, Ariz.
Flower girls were Abby, Claire and Emily Michael, daughters of Mr. and Mrs. Chris Michael; Annie Menefee, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Larry Menefee of Plano, Texas, and Emily Tlapek, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Steve Tlapek of Webster Groves, Mo., nieces of the groom. Escorts were Alexander and John Koshakji, sons of Mr. and Mrs. Pierre Koshakji of Dallas, Texas, nephews of the groom.
The reception was held at Shutters on the Beach in Santa Monica.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Sept. 17 at Monsoon in Santa Monica.
Mrs. Tlapek is a graduate of Alta Loma High School, and received bachelor and master degrees from the University of Southern California. She is employed at Investment New Zealand.
The groom is a graduate of Central High School, and the University of Missouri-Columbia. He received a law degree from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., and a master's degree in film from the University of Southern California. He is a filmmaker in Los Angeles.
The couple resides in Los Angeles.