- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ST. MARY, Mo. -- Leneta N. "Nete" Oster, 92, of St. Mary died Friday, Sept. 30, 2005, at DePaul Health Center in Bridgeton, Mo.
She was born on Oct. 28, 1912, in Perry County, daughter of John T. and Sarah J. Eddleman Winkler.
She and Chalmer "Jack" Oster were married March 22, 1941. He died Nov. 3, 1982.
She worked at International Shoe Co. in the packing department. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Perryville since 1932.
Survivors include a son, Ken Oster of St. Mary; a daughter, Phyllis Oswald of St. Louis; a brother, William "Pete" Winkler of Perryville, Mo.; a sister, Ila Niswonger of Jackson; six grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, four brothers, four sisters and a grandson.
Friends may call at Young & Sons Chapel in Perryville from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. today and on Monday from 6:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at First Baptist Church, with the Rev. Dennis Cebulak officiating. Burial will be in Home Cemetery.