- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Pineville man charged in double homicide
PINEVILLE, Mo. -- A 23-year-old McDonald County man was charged Saturday with two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of a couple found dead in their home.
Levi King, 23, of Pineville, was apprehended Friday night in El Paso, Texas. Besides the murder counts, he was charged with first- and second-degree burglary, stealing and armed criminal action felony.
Authorities said Orlie McCool, 70, and Dawn McCool, 47, both of Pineville, were found by a relative Friday morning. King was driving a pickup belonging to the McCools when he was taken into custody, police said.
The McDonald County Sheriff's Department said King also burglarized his father's Pineville home and took three firearms, found in the stolen pickup.
King is being held at the El Paso County, Texas, Jail.