- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
GED teachers sincere, caring
To the editor:
This letter is in recognition of the ladies at the Cape Girardeau GED class. Since we home schooled our three children, we preferred they also obtain their GED. Over the years, these hardworking ladies were so helpful in aiding our children to reach their goal. Nancy, Kathy and Terri have patiently and tirelessly worked with many individuals to help them reach their full potential. Some of these individuals had handicaps of varied and challenging degrees. Yet these three ladies showed a sincere and caring attitude toward all their students. What a wonderful example in the teaching community.
JEAN YOUNT, Sedgewickville, Mo.