- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
GED teachers sincere, caring
To the editor:
This letter is in recognition of the ladies at the Cape Girardeau GED class. Since we home schooled our three children, we preferred they also obtain their GED. Over the years, these hardworking ladies were so helpful in aiding our children to reach their goal. Nancy, Kathy and Terri have patiently and tirelessly worked with many individuals to help them reach their full potential. Some of these individuals had handicaps of varied and challenging degrees. Yet these three ladies showed a sincere and caring attitude toward all their students. What a wonderful example in the teaching community.
JEAN YOUNT, Sedgewickville, Mo.