- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
GED teachers sincere, caring
To the editor:
This letter is in recognition of the ladies at the Cape Girardeau GED class. Since we home schooled our three children, we preferred they also obtain their GED. Over the years, these hardworking ladies were so helpful in aiding our children to reach their goal. Nancy, Kathy and Terri have patiently and tirelessly worked with many individuals to help them reach their full potential. Some of these individuals had handicaps of varied and challenging degrees. Yet these three ladies showed a sincere and caring attitude toward all their students. What a wonderful example in the teaching community.
JEAN YOUNT, Sedgewickville, Mo.