- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
GED teachers sincere, caring
To the editor:
This letter is in recognition of the ladies at the Cape Girardeau GED class. Since we home schooled our three children, we preferred they also obtain their GED. Over the years, these hardworking ladies were so helpful in aiding our children to reach their goal. Nancy, Kathy and Terri have patiently and tirelessly worked with many individuals to help them reach their full potential. Some of these individuals had handicaps of varied and challenging degrees. Yet these three ladies showed a sincere and caring attitude toward all their students. What a wonderful example in the teaching community.
JEAN YOUNT, Sedgewickville, Mo.