- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
GED teachers sincere, caring
To the editor:
This letter is in recognition of the ladies at the Cape Girardeau GED class. Since we home schooled our three children, we preferred they also obtain their GED. Over the years, these hardworking ladies were so helpful in aiding our children to reach their goal. Nancy, Kathy and Terri have patiently and tirelessly worked with many individuals to help them reach their full potential. Some of these individuals had handicaps of varied and challenging degrees. Yet these three ladies showed a sincere and caring attitude toward all their students. What a wonderful example in the teaching community.
JEAN YOUNT, Sedgewickville, Mo.