- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Paul K. Pearl, 70, of Jonesboro died Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at Union County Hospital.
He was born on Nov. 6, 1932, in Dupo, Ill., son of Fred and Jessie Winn Pearl.
He and Rita Scitman were married Aug. 4, 1958, in Anna, Ill.
He had worked for the Highway Department for the state of Illinois and attended St. Mary's Catholic Church in Anna.
Survivors include his wife; four sons, Kenny Pearl and Tom Pearl, both of Anna, and Eddie Pearl and Tim Pearl, both of Jonesboro; two daughters, Nancee Morrison of Jonesboro and Theresa McKinney of Anna; two brothers, Raymond Pearl of Cobden, Ill., and Edward Pearl of West Frankfort, Ill.; 14 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Anna, with Monsignor Tom Miller officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.