- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ORAN, Mo. -- Garold D. Hency, 80, of Fenton, Mo., died Monday, Sept. 5, 2005, at Delmar Gardens of Meramec Valley in Fenton.
He was born Dec. 9, 1924, at Oran, son of Elmer and Elba Simmons Hency. He and Berniece B. Moore were married April 24, 1954, in Mississippi. She died Oct. 8, 2000.
Hency was an oiler and brasser with Illinois Central Gulf Railroad.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include four sons, Alvin Hency of Eolia, Mo., Gary Hency of Waterloo, Ill., Gerald Hency of Oklahoma City, Okla., Bill Hency of Fenton; two brothers, Doyle Hency of O'Fallon, Mo., Bill Hency of Oran; 10 grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister.
The funeral was held Sept. 8 at Irwin Madison Avenue Chapel in Granite City, Ill., with the Rev. Clint Wisdom officiating. Burial was in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis with military honors conducted.