- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)6
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)3
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
ORAN, Mo. -- Garold D. Hency, 80, of Fenton, Mo., died Monday, Sept. 5, 2005, at Delmar Gardens of Meramec Valley in Fenton.
He was born Dec. 9, 1924, at Oran, son of Elmer and Elba Simmons Hency. He and Berniece B. Moore were married April 24, 1954, in Mississippi. She died Oct. 8, 2000.
Hency was an oiler and brasser with Illinois Central Gulf Railroad.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include four sons, Alvin Hency of Eolia, Mo., Gary Hency of Waterloo, Ill., Gerald Hency of Oklahoma City, Okla., Bill Hency of Fenton; two brothers, Doyle Hency of O'Fallon, Mo., Bill Hency of Oran; 10 grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister.
The funeral was held Sept. 8 at Irwin Madison Avenue Chapel in Granite City, Ill., with the Rev. Clint Wisdom officiating. Burial was in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis with military honors conducted.