- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Austene Eastabrook, 80, of Friedheim died Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2005, at her home.
She was born Sept. 23, 1925, in Stearns, Ky., daughter of John and Ollie Strunk Shelton. She and Junior L. Eastabrook were married Feb. 14, 1975.
Eastabrook was formerly of Albion, Mich., and had been active in the Albion Assembly of God Church.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, the Rev. Terry Culberson of Friedheim, Dan Culberson of Michigan; a daughter, June Buys of Kentucky; a sister, Roberta Kennedy of Kentucky; 17 grandchildren; and 31 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son and a sister.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home with the Rev. Culberson officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery at Jackson.