- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Elvira N. Ikerman, 70, of Alton, Ill., formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Saturday, Sept. 24, 2005, at Alton Memorial Hospital.
She was born March 24, 1935, in Jersey City, N.J., daughter of Dante C. and Florence Lombardi Trinca. She and Jerry Ikerman were married Aug. 7, 1954.
Ikerman worked in various departments at Wal-Mart. She was a member of Eagles Aerie 254 Auxiliary in Alton.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Debbie Hawkins of Florissant, Mo.; three sons, Jerry Ikerman Jr. of Missouri, Jeff Ikerman of Gillespie, Ill., Mark Ikerman of Wood River, Ill.; four sisters; eight grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three infant children, two brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at West Alton Community Church in West Alton, Mo.
Graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at Rose Lawn Memory Gardens in Bethalto, Ill.
Elias-Smith Funeral Home in Alton is in charge of arrangements.