- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Irene Anne Gliem Rechenberg, 68, of Millersville died Saturday, Sept. 24, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 9, 1936, in Chicago, daughter of Frank and Ludmilla Kokavec Gliem. She and Norman T. Rechenberg were married July 23, 1960, in Niles, Ill.
Mrs. Rechenberg moved to Millersville in 1988 from Libertyville, Ill. She previously lived in Des Plaines, Ill. She attended Niles North High School. She was a member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, David N. Rechenberg of Hebron, Ill., Peter N. Rechenberg of Lemay, Mo., Paul N. Rechenberg of St. Louis; a sister, Judith Ellen David of Woodstock, Ill.; seven grandchildren, Peter, Amy, Heidi, Michael, Emma, Kathryn and Thomas Rechenberg.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday. Parish prayers will be at 6.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Immaculate Conception Church, with Monsignor Ed Eftink officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.