- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Lucille Baugher, 83, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, June 15, 2003, at her home.
She was born April 23, 1920, at Chaffee, Mo., daughter of Frank Albert and Mattie Stevenson McHughes. She and Clarence Baugher were married Dec. 22, 1939, in Jackson.
Baugher lived in Thebes, Ill., most of her life.
Survivors include a son, Bill Baugher of East Cape Girardeau, Ill.; four daughters, Donna Bennett of Thebes, Carolyn Thomas and Sharon Burpo of East Cape Girardeau, Mary Robert of Cape Girardeau; a stepson, Melvin Baugher of Arizona; a stepdaughter, Eileen Story of Peoria, Ill.; 12 grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home after 11 a.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Rocky Tallent officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes.