- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)7
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)41
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Southeast president to get his U.S. citizenship July 4 (06/30/16)34
- Cape murderer still will serve 2 life sentences; appeals court forced reduced charge (06/30/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Lucille Baugher, 83, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, June 15, 2003, at her home.
She was born April 23, 1920, at Chaffee, Mo., daughter of Frank Albert and Mattie Stevenson McHughes. She and Clarence Baugher were married Dec. 22, 1939, in Jackson.
Baugher lived in Thebes, Ill., most of her life.
Survivors include a son, Bill Baugher of East Cape Girardeau, Ill.; four daughters, Donna Bennett of Thebes, Carolyn Thomas and Sharon Burpo of East Cape Girardeau, Mary Robert of Cape Girardeau; a stepson, Melvin Baugher of Arizona; a stepdaughter, Eileen Story of Peoria, Ill.; 12 grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home after 11 a.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Rocky Tallent officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes.