- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Laura Ann Hollenbeck and Michael William Schemel Jr. were united in marriage Aug. 6, 2005, at St. Martin of Tours Parish in St. Louis. The Rev. J. Friedel of Cape Girardeau and the Rev. Terry Borgerding of St. Louis performed the ceremony. Pianist was Sue Vonderheid and vocalist was Mona Cafazza, both of St. Louis.
The bride is the daughter of Mike and Barbara Hollenbeck of Batavia, Ill. The groom is the son of Mike and Cathy Schemel of Jackson.
Matron of honor was Erika Fertig of China, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Robyn Eisle, Jayme Harrison, Jamie Reitz and Jessica Cassano, all of St. Louis, Melissa Weiler of Boston, Mass., and Dara Vulcadinovich of Chicago.
Tom Henderson of Jackson was best man. Groomsmen were Tres Reed of Cape Girardeau, Jeremy Butler of Sikeston, Mo., Lance McClard of Jackson, Ian Fagala and Roger Denny of St. Louis, and Brennan Hollenbeck of Batavia, brother of the bride. Ushers were Vincent Sullivan of Cape Girardeau, Ryan Staley of Springfield, Ill., and Jeff Eldred of St. Louis.
Candlelighters and guest book attendants were Ellen O'Brien of St. Louis and Amanda Balsano of Cape Girardeau.
The reception was held at Laclede's Gas Building in St. Louis.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Aug. 5 at J.F. Sanfilippo's Restaurant in St. Louis.
Mrs. Schemel received a degree in international business from Southeast Missouri State University. She is employed with Wells Fargo Financial in Memphis, Tenn.
The groom received a degree in agri business from Southeast. He is employed with Tournament Players Club at Southwind in Memphis.
After a wedding trip to Jamaica, the couple is residing in Memphis.