- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Hilda M. Siebert, 85, of Chaffee died Sunday, June 15, 2003, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 15, 1917, at Lemay, Mo., daughter of William and Christina Rolfes Schilli. She and Frederick Michael Siebert were married Aug. 7, 1948.
Mrs. Siebert was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church and Daughters of St. Ambrose. She was a former leader of Chaffee Go-Getters 4-H Club, and former member of the Ladies Auxiliary to VFW Post 3127.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Francis Siebert of Chaffee, Michael Siebert of Montgomery, Ala.; two daughters, Mary Schroepfer of Fenton, Mo., Paula Horrell of Chaffee; two brothers, Clemens and Aloysius Schilli of Ozora, Mo.; 14 grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents and two brothers, Vincent and Wilbert Schilli.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel at Chaffee after 4 p.m. Wednesday. The Knights of Columbus prayer service will be at 6:45 and the rosary will be recited at 7.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Ambrose Catholic Church, with the Rev. Anthony Siebert officiating. Burial will be in St. Ambrose Catholic Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to St. Ambrose Catholic School.