- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Legislators have to make tough budget decisions
To the editor:
In response to the article "Republicans suspect scheme behind phone calls": I received a call from a telemarketer, and I very politely interrupted her and told her she was talking to the wrong party. She asked what I meant. I said I am in favor of what the legislators are doing. They are doing what they are elected to do: make hard choices concerning the budget. The budget problems affect everyone, and everyone, to a degree, has to bite the bullet.
State Sen. Peter Kinder is doing a great job standing up to the steady negative onslaught. We are fortunate to have him and others like him willing to hold the line. Missouri will be stronger for it.