- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)4
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Legislators have to make tough budget decisions
To the editor:
In response to the article "Republicans suspect scheme behind phone calls": I received a call from a telemarketer, and I very politely interrupted her and told her she was talking to the wrong party. She asked what I meant. I said I am in favor of what the legislators are doing. They are doing what they are elected to do: make hard choices concerning the budget. The budget problems affect everyone, and everyone, to a degree, has to bite the bullet.
State Sen. Peter Kinder is doing a great job standing up to the steady negative onslaught. We are fortunate to have him and others like him willing to hold the line. Missouri will be stronger for it.