- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)12
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Legislators have to make tough budget decisions
To the editor:
In response to the article "Republicans suspect scheme behind phone calls": I received a call from a telemarketer, and I very politely interrupted her and told her she was talking to the wrong party. She asked what I meant. I said I am in favor of what the legislators are doing. They are doing what they are elected to do: make hard choices concerning the budget. The budget problems affect everyone, and everyone, to a degree, has to bite the bullet.
State Sen. Peter Kinder is doing a great job standing up to the steady negative onslaught. We are fortunate to have him and others like him willing to hold the line. Missouri will be stronger for it.