- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
Legislators have to make tough budget decisions
To the editor:
In response to the article "Republicans suspect scheme behind phone calls": I received a call from a telemarketer, and I very politely interrupted her and told her she was talking to the wrong party. She asked what I meant. I said I am in favor of what the legislators are doing. They are doing what they are elected to do: make hard choices concerning the budget. The budget problems affect everyone, and everyone, to a degree, has to bite the bullet.
State Sen. Peter Kinder is doing a great job standing up to the steady negative onslaught. We are fortunate to have him and others like him willing to hold the line. Missouri will be stronger for it.