- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Edith Inez Barker Robinson, 83, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Charleston, Mo., died at 9:40 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 22, 2005, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center.
She was born July 5, 1922, in Red Bay, Ala., daughter of Thomas Marion and Mary Elizabeth McCullough Jones. She was employed with Missouri Division of Aging for many years until her retirement. She had lived most of her life in Charleston, where she was a member of First Christian Church.
In 1946 she married William C. "Bill" Barker, who passed away Dec. 14, 1988. In 1991 she married Madison L. Robinson of Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include her husband; a son, William C. Barker Jr. (Peggy) of St. Clair, Mo.; a daughter, Marylene (Ted) Elliott of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Ruth Hubbert of Jackson and Evelyn Upton of East Prairie, Mo.
Grandchildren include Molly (Lucian) Zielinski of Cape Girardeau and their children Candless, Saylor and Zachary; John Dodgen of Jackson; Melinda (Mark) Hahs of Pocahontas and their children Matthew and Macey; William R. Barker of St. Clair; Amy (Jason) Woodcock of Sullivan, Mo., and their children Jared and Jordan; precious family and friends, Shirley Zielinski, Jean Kelley and Doug Miller.
A brother, Orlie Jones, and three sisters, Eva Harvell, Beachel Zilafro and Opal Robinson, preceded her in death.
Friends may call from noon to service time Sunday at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with Martin Lucas of East Prairie officiating. Interment will be in IOOF Cemetery in Charleston.