- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Southeast spikers sweep UTM in league opener
MARTIN, Tenn. -- Southeast Missouri State got its Ohio Valley Conference volleyball season started in impressive fashion Friday night, sweeping host Tennessee-Martin.
The Redhawks prevailed 33-31, 30-24, 30-11 as they improved their overall record to 4-8. The Skyhawks fell to 2-15.
Jessica Koeper led Southeast with 15 kills, while Jamie Baumstark added 11.
Lauren Scannell and Jill Miller both had 10 digs, followed by Koeper with nine and Baumstark with seven.
Baumstark also had 33 assists and two service aces.
Southeast has another conference road match today, facing Murray State (2-6, 0-1) at 2 p.m.