- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Vehicle accident injures Delta man
A Delta man was moderately injured in a two-vehicle accident on Friday morning when he fell asleep while driving in east Cape Girardeau County.
Driver Joshua Petitt, 20, was taken by emergency medical service to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. Driver Russell Palmer, 40, of Whitewater was not injured.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Petitt fell asleep while eastbound on Nash Road about a mile west of Cape Girardeau. His vehicle crossed the center lane and struck the trailer of Palmer's vehicle.