- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Arkansas State stops skid with victory over Redhawks
The Arkansas State women's volleyball team used its first home match in two weeks to end a four-game losing streak by beating Southeast Missouri State 3-1 at the Convocation Center in Jonesboro, Ark.
After Southeast won 30-15 in the opening game, the Indians rattled off 30-28, 30-15 and 30-24 victories.
Randilyne Volkmer had a career-high 27 digs for Arkansas State (4-8).
Southeast (3-8), playing for the first time since a Sept. 10 victory against Oakland in the Radisson Hotel Invitational in Peoria, Ill., was led by Jessica Koeper, who had 16 kills but also had 14 attack errors. She added 16 digs.
Lauren Scannell added 26 digs, while Jamie Baumstark added nine kills and three aces.
Southeast begins Ohio Valley Conference play 7 p.m. Friday at Tennessee-Martin and plays again 2 p.m. Saturday at Murray State.