- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Esther Anna McBryde, 86, of Jackson died Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 3, 1919, in Jackson, daughter of William and Ida Wilhelm Englemann. She and Lawrence Jack McBryde were married Dec. 6, 1942. He died Feb. 1, 1969.
Mrs. McBryde had worked at a dress factory and for Litz Brothers Poultry Co., both in Jackson. She was a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church, its Ladies Aid and was a quilter. She was a former member of Harmony Homemakers, MFA Ladies Auxiliary, and had been a Brookside 4-H leader.
Survivors include a son, Lawrence McBryde and wife Doris of Jackson; a daughter, Sharon Lappe and husband Clyde of Perryville, Mo.; and two grandchildren, Lance and Ashley McBryde.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert Henrichs officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to St. Paul Church General Fund.