- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Henrietta Godwin, 96, of Jackson died Saturday, June 14, 2003, at Monticello House in Jackson.
She was born Feb. 12, 1907, in Jackson, daughter of August and Minnie Peetz Hoffmeister. She and Frank E. Godwin were married June 21, 1935. He died Jan. 18, 2002.
Godwin worked on an assembly line at International Shoe Company in Jackson. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Jackson.
Survivors include a brother, Norman Hoffmeister of St. Louis; three sisters, Carlene Kasten of Jackson, Mabel Scheafer of Cape Girardeau and Jeanette Sutterer of St. Louis; and two grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, three brothers and two sisters.
A graveside funeral service will be held Tuesday at 10 a.m. at Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson. Dr. Brian Anderson will officiate.
Announcement courtesy of Cracraft-Miller Funeral Service.