- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Gene Morton, 54, of Cahokia, Ill., died Saturday, June 14, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center.
He was born July 31, 1948, in Cape Girardeau, son of Bill and Maxine Cook Morton. He and Rebecca Parker were married Feb. 8, 1976, in Alabama.
Morton worked as a custodian for Cahokia schools for 15 years.
Survivors include his wife; his mother of Cape Girardeau; two sons, Clint and Joshua Morton of Cahokia; a daughter, Emily Morton of Cahokia; a brother, Scott Morton of Cape Girardeau; and a sister, Debbie Anderson of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and his father.
Visitation will be held today from 4-8 p.m. at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home.
The funeral will be held Tuesday at 1 p.m. at the funeral home. The Rev. Fred Burgard will officiate, with burial in Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Fruitland.