- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda 9/19/05
Today, 7 p.m.
City Hall, 401 Independence St.
Study session at 5 p.m.
* Presentation by Nancy Jernigan regarding Neighborhood Nights project.
* Update on Public Safety Trust Fund projects.
(Second and third readings)
* An ordinance relating to component assembly regulations in general commercial districts.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit to Sherman and Syvilla Swan, Frank and Rebecca Stinnett, and Beth McFerron for purposes of maintaining and operating a day-care center at 1200 Ranney St.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit to Drury Land Development Inc. and D & B Properties, Inc. for purposes of constructing, maintaining and operating a Sonic drive-in restaurant at 262 Siemers Drive.
* An ordinance rezoning a portion of 211 St. Francis Drive from C-2, general commercial district, to C-3, central business district.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Charlie's Place Subdivision.
* An ordinance authorizing execution of an Air Traffic Control Tower Operating Assistance Grant agreement with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Rollins Place Subdivision.
* An ordinance establishing the boundaries of a sewer district to serve Deever's Farm subdivision.
* An ordinance amending the city code relating to applications for city utilities.
* An ordinance amending city code to refinance water revenue bonds.
refinance finance in connection with certain outstanding bonds.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of The Highlands at Dalhousie -- Phase III.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Coyote Creek Estates.
* An ordinance establishing the boundaries of a sewer district to serve Coyote Creek Estates Subdivision.
* An ordinance accepting a water line easement and sanitary sewer easements for the improvement of Deever's Farm Subdivision.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of The Lochs at Dalhousie -- Phase II.
* An ordinance approving the amended record plat of The Lochs at Dalhousie.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Deer Valley Townhouses 3.
* An ordinance establishing a 30-minute parking zone on Merriwether Street.
* Appointment to the Public Library Board.
* Conditional approval of a 5 percent beer by the drink and Sunday sales liquor license for Minjet Shi d/b/a Shogun Japanese Steakhouse Inc., 289-A S. Broadview.
* Conditional approval of a retail liquor by the drink license for Bradley Robey, d/b/a Fusion Lounge, 2 N. Main.
* Conditional approval of a retail liquor by the drink and Sunday sales license for Cape Harmony Enterprises LLC, d/b/a The Cape Club Complex, 33 S. Sprigg St.
* A motion accepting into the city's system the sanitary sewer improvements for Cape Rock Woods Town Homes.
* A motion approving the improvement plans for Country Lane sewer.
* A motion approving the improvement plans for streets, storm sewers, water main extension and sanitary sewers to serve Kell Farm Drive from Richmond Drive to Arnold Drive.
* Discussion regarding the recommendations of the Charter Review Committee.
* Discussion regarding the dates for city council meetings in 2006.