- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Praise for Notre Dame
Notre Dame Regional High School in Cape Girardeau has been ranked among the top 50 Catholic high schools in the nation this year.
The rating comes from the Acton Institute for the Study of Religion & Liberty, a Grand Rapids, Mich., educational and research organization dedicated to promoting "a free and virtuous society."
The Acton Institute is named for Lord Acton, a British historian best known for the observation: "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
The school received high marks for its Catholic identity, academic excellence and civic pride.
Notre Dame students, faculty, parents, alumni and supporters can take great pride in this national recognition