- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape man accused of secretly recording women, posting to porn site (11/22/17)
- Thankful People: Kirsten Strebe recovers from traumatic car accident, brain injury (11/23/17)
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- Thankful People: Moore family counts its blessing after harrowing accident (11/23/17)
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Deal Finder brings 'unique' shopping to Cape Girardeau (11/24/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
Praise for Notre Dame
Notre Dame Regional High School in Cape Girardeau has been ranked among the top 50 Catholic high schools in the nation this year.
The rating comes from the Acton Institute for the Study of Religion & Liberty, a Grand Rapids, Mich., educational and research organization dedicated to promoting "a free and virtuous society."
The Acton Institute is named for Lord Acton, a British historian best known for the observation: "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
The school received high marks for its Catholic identity, academic excellence and civic pride.
Notre Dame students, faculty, parents, alumni and supporters can take great pride in this national recognition