- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)9
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Fake UFC event listing stirs the pot at local Golden Corral (2/10/18)3
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
Praise for Notre Dame
Notre Dame Regional High School in Cape Girardeau has been ranked among the top 50 Catholic high schools in the nation this year.
The rating comes from the Acton Institute for the Study of Religion & Liberty, a Grand Rapids, Mich., educational and research organization dedicated to promoting "a free and virtuous society."
The Acton Institute is named for Lord Acton, a British historian best known for the observation: "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
The school received high marks for its Catholic identity, academic excellence and civic pride.
Notre Dame students, faculty, parents, alumni and supporters can take great pride in this national recognition