- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Praise for Notre Dame
Notre Dame Regional High School in Cape Girardeau has been ranked among the top 50 Catholic high schools in the nation this year.
The rating comes from the Acton Institute for the Study of Religion & Liberty, a Grand Rapids, Mich., educational and research organization dedicated to promoting "a free and virtuous society."
The Acton Institute is named for Lord Acton, a British historian best known for the observation: "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
The school received high marks for its Catholic identity, academic excellence and civic pride.
Notre Dame students, faculty, parents, alumni and supporters can take great pride in this national recognition