- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Praise for Notre Dame
Notre Dame Regional High School in Cape Girardeau has been ranked among the top 50 Catholic high schools in the nation this year.
The rating comes from the Acton Institute for the Study of Religion & Liberty, a Grand Rapids, Mich., educational and research organization dedicated to promoting "a free and virtuous society."
The Acton Institute is named for Lord Acton, a British historian best known for the observation: "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
The school received high marks for its Catholic identity, academic excellence and civic pride.
Notre Dame students, faculty, parents, alumni and supporters can take great pride in this national recognition