- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Marie Peeler, 97, of Bonham, Texas, formerly of Anna, died Saturday, Sept. 17, 2005, at Oak Care Center in Bonham.
She was born Sept. 18, 1907, at Dongola, Ill., daughter of Jacob and Isabelle Smoot. She and Raleigh Peeler were married March 13, 1926. He died Sept. 14, 1985.
Peeler was a member of the Big Creek Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son, Deleen Peeler of Bonham; seven grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, three sisters and a brother.
Friends may call from noon until time of service on Tuesday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Larue Parr officiating. Interment will be at the Anna Cemetery.