- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
ANNA, Ill. -- Mike Corzine, 66, of Anna died Saturday, Sept. 17, 2005, at his home.
He was born Oct. 2, 1938, at Anna, son of Don and Reva M. Cavitt Corzine. He and Shirley G. Yeckley were married Aug. 6, 1986, at Las Vegas, Nev.
He retired from Egyptian Unit School District No. 5 after serving 35 years as teacher, assistant superintendent and superintendent. He was a member of Elks Lodge 1641 and served on the Union County Sheriff Merit Board.
Survivors include his wife of Anna; a son, Jeff Corzine of Clermont, Fla.; a daughter, Michelle Baggott of Anna; a stepson, Steve Ramsey of Jonesboro, Ill.; a sister, Marilyn Rodman of Anna; four grandchildren; three stepgrandchildren; a great-stepgrandchild.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna, with the Rev. Paul Sadler officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.