- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Barbara Rose Vandeven, 88, of Chaffee died Friday, Sept. 16, 2005, at the Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Sept. 18, 1916, at Leopold, Mo., daughter of Herman and Mary Engelen Landewee. She and Clarence T. Vandeven were united in marriage on Feb. 26, 1938, at the St. John's Cath -olic Church in Leopold and he preceded her in death on March 20, 2001.
Barbara "Bobbie" was an avid quilter. She made large quilts for her children and grandchildren and baby quilts for her great-grandchildren. She also worked with St. Anthony's Sodality for many years in Glennon after moving to Chaffee in 1992 and was a member of the Daughters of St. Ambrose.
Survivors include Verneda LeGrand and husband, Ralph, Bill Vandeven and wife, Loretta and Jim Vandeven and wife, Alice, all of Cape Girardeau; Richard Vandeven and wife, Jackie of Chaffee and Elaine Proctor and husband, Roy of Benton, Mo.; 17 grandchildren; and 28 great-grandchildren.
Preceeding her in death were her parents, three brothers, three sisters and two grandchildren.
Visitation will be Sunday, Sept. 18, 2005, from 4 to 8 p.m. at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m. followed by the Knights of Columbus Rosary.
Funeral Mass will be Monday at 10 a.m. at St. Anthony's Catholic Church in Glennon, with Father Ralph Duffner officiating. Interment will follow in the church cemetery.
Memorials may be made to the Bethani Vandeven Scholarship Fund, c/o Notre Dame Regional High School or the Arthritis Society.