- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Lloyd Jeffery Banks, 65, of Springfield, Mo., died Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2005, at his home.
He and Carrie Byrne were married Oct. 11, 2003.
Banks worked at McDonnell-Douglas Aircraft from 1964 to 1966. He was a counselor with Jackson School District from 1971 to 2001, and also coached basketball and girls track.
He served in the U.S. Navy from 1960 to 1964.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Kim Dillman of Anna, Ill., Heather Mansell of Kansas City, Mo.; three stepdaughters, Teresa Roberts of Sayre, Okla., Toni Thimesch and Traci Markwell of Kingman, Kan.; two sisters, Wilma Simpson of Harrisburg, Ill., Wanda Angelly of St. Louis; a stepsister, Gladys Partain of Harrisburg; four grandchildren; and three stepgrandsons.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother, a sister and a stepbrother.
Friends may call at Greenlawn Funeral Home in Springfield from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with burial in Springfield National Cemetery.