- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- James C. "Charlie" Brewer, 66, of Perryville died Thursday, Sept. 15, 2005, at his home.
He was born June 1, 1939, in Perry County, Mo., son of Harley and Agnes Cecilia Swink Brewer.
Brewer was retired from Gilster-Mary Lee. He was a member of Christ the Savior Catholic Church at Brewer, 4th Degree member of Knights of Columbus, Holy Name Society, Amvets and American Legion Post 133.
He served in the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include four sons, Duane, Derek, Daren and Douglas Brewer, all of Perryville; his mother of Perryville; a sister, Debbie Thieret of Longtown, Mo.; three brothers, David Brewer of Festus, Mo., Gene Brewer of Tennessee; Jerry Brewer of Perryville; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father and a brother.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 5 to 9 p.m. Sunday, and Monday from 6:30 to 9:40 a.m. The parish and Knights of Columbus wake will be at 7 p.m. Sunday, followed by an American Legion service. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Monday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Christ the Savior Church, with the Rev. Felipe Martinez officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery at Perryville.