- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Mildred Lee Hastings, 70, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Feb. 9, 1935, in Blytheville, Ark., daughter of Eugene and Mary Geneva Howard Farmer. She and James "Jim" Hastings Jr. were married April 20, 1954, in Sardis, Miss.
Hastings had been a grocery clerk and office manager for various local grocery stores. She was a member of Lynwood Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Trae and Ron Hastings of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Danisse Ross of Cape Girardeau, Charisse Reed of Senatobia, Miss.; a brother, Jim Farmer of Zolfo Springs, Fla.; four sisters, Nita Williams of Copperas Cove, Texas, Jerry Ann Hooton of Fresno, Calif., Bessie Connell of Osawatomie, Kan., Sandra Byers of Virginia Beach, Va.; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Dr. Derek Staples officiating. Burial will be in Mount Zion Cemetery at Steele, Mo.