- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mildred Lee Hastings, 70, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Feb. 9, 1935, in Blytheville, Ark., daughter of Eugene and Mary Geneva Howard Farmer. She and James "Jim" Hastings Jr. were married April 20, 1954, in Sardis, Miss.
Hastings had been a grocery clerk and office manager for various local grocery stores. She was a member of Lynwood Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Trae and Ron Hastings of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Danisse Ross of Cape Girardeau, Charisse Reed of Senatobia, Miss.; a brother, Jim Farmer of Zolfo Springs, Fla.; four sisters, Nita Williams of Copperas Cove, Texas, Jerry Ann Hooton of Fresno, Calif., Bessie Connell of Osawatomie, Kan., Sandra Byers of Virginia Beach, Va.; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Dr. Derek Staples officiating. Burial will be in Mount Zion Cemetery at Steele, Mo.