- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
COBDEN, Ill. -- Helen Mae Johnson, 80, of Cobden died Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2005, at Memorial Hospital of Carbondale, Ill., from injuries received in an automobile accident in Carbondale.
She was born Feb. 8, 1925, in Anna, daughter of Roy and Maggie Boyd Roach. She and Floyd Johnson were married Feb. 24, 1940, in Charleston, Mo.
Johnson attended House of Prayer Tabernacle Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Barbara Johnson of Cobden, Kristy Johnson of Murphysboro, Ill.; a son, Ronald Johnson of Sandusky, Ill.; two brothers, Kenneth Roach of Jonesboro, Jack Roach of Anna, Ill.; two sisters, Geraldine Forrester of Lancaster, Pa., Mary Lou Bridges of Cape Girardeau; six grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son. A granddaughter, Kamryn Elizabeth Lee, 2, was also killed in the accident.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Joe Hefflin and the Rev. Robert Goins officiating. Burial will be in McGinnis Cemetery.