- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Third man charged in musician's death
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. -- Prosecutors have charged a third person in the death of a Kansas City Symphony musician who was shot last week.
Sylvon Sese, 20, of Independence, was charged Tuesday with second-degree murder and armed criminal action in the slaying of Steven Peters, 51. The bass player's body was found last week at his duplex in this Kansas City suburb.
Two other people -- Richard D. Jones and Michael A. Jones, both 21 and from Kansas City -- were charged Friday with second-degree murder and armed criminal action. Both men, who are not related, have pleaded not guilty.
Authorities believe Peters was shot while four men tried to burglarize his duplex.