- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Carlston A. Bohnsack, 86, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2005, at Missouri Veterans Home.
He was born Dec. 27, 1918, in Cape Girardeau, son of Albert and Florence Martin Bohnsack. He and Laura "Larry" Ward Bohnsack were married July 6, 1942, in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
He served in the United States Coast Guard in the South Pacific during World War II, and held the rank of lieutenant junior grade.
Mr. Bohnsack was a 1940 graduate of Southeast Missouri State University. He was a teacher two and a half years at Elvins, Mo., a year at Campus School, supervised student teacher at Southeast, and a year at Central High School.
He was a founding partner of Craftsman Office Supply Co. in 1948, and owned and operated it until 1994.
Mr. Bohnsack was a former Cape Girardeau County recorder of deeds, member of Cape Girardeau School Board when the former high school building on Caruthers Street was built, past president of Cape Girardeau Junior Chamber of Commerce, Jaycees Outstanding Young man, director and past president of Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce, director and past president of Greater Cape Girardeau Development Corp., officer, director and past president of Cape Girardeau Noon Lions Club.
He was a charter member and past congregational president of St. Andrew Lutheran Church, member of Southeast Missouri State University Boosters Club and Copper Dome Society, and member of Southeast Missouri Hospital Board of Trustees (honorary status) and received Outstanding Service Award.
Mr. Bohnsack was the first president of the Board of Directors of Chateau Girardeau, treasurer for Mary Kasten for representative, active in committee work for Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, member and past president of Stoney Battery Lodge Fishing Club.
He is survived by his wife, Laura "Larry" Bohnsack; a son and his wife, Bob and Linda Bohnsack of Cape Girardeau; a daughter and her husband, Susan Cole and Carl Sitze of Jefferson City, Mo.; a sister, Eileen Frey of Cleveland, Ohio; two grandsons and wives, Mason and Lana Cole of Portland, Ore., Morry and Elizabeth Cole of St. Louis; two granddaughters, Myka and Lainie Bohnsack of Cape Girardeau; two great-grandchildren, Harrison and Delaney Cole of Portland.
He was preceded in death by his parents, and a brother, Robert L. Bohnsack.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at Good Shepherd Lutheran Chapel, with the Rev. Barry L. Pfanstiel officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorials may be made to Southeast Hospital Foundation or Chateau Girardeau Foundation.