- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Holders mark golden event
Mr. and Mrs. Bud Holder of Scott City celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary May 31, 2003, at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City. Hosts were their children and spouses and grandchildren.
Holder and Marian Welter were married May 30, 1953, at New Hamburg, Mo., by the Rev. Herbert Melies. Their attendants were Patsey Welter Peters, Jim Welter, Francis Stehr Sanders, and Louis Sanders.
Their children and spouses are Danny and Teresa Holder of Scott City, and Kathy and Jerry Birlew of Fenton, Mo. Their grandchildren and spouses are Cory and Jennifer Brant of Fenton, Jason and Jennifer Holder, and Courtney Holder of Scott City. They have two great-grandchildren, Taylor Brant and Raegan Holder.