- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
St. Mary's Cathedral was the setting May 10, 2003, for the wedding of Kea Danette Scheffer and Joshua Marshall Goodin. Msgr. Richard Rolwing performed the ceremony. Organist was Leanne Hendrix, and soloists were Geoff Smith and Kelly Fisher, all of Cape Girardeau.
Mass servers were Michelle and Jennifer Dirnberger of Jackson, cousins of the bride. Readers were Chris Heath of Jackson, aunt of the groom, and Tom Urhahn of Oran, Mo., uncle of the bride. Eucharistic ministers were Clare Urhahn of Oran and Marilyn Landewee of Jackson, aunts of the bride.
Charles and LaDonna Scheffer of Cape Girardeau are parents of the bride. The groom is the son of Eddie Goodin of Cape Girardeau, and the late Tonya Goodin.
Maid of honor was Kelli Scheffer of Cape Girardeau, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Debe Scheffer of Dutchtown, sister-in-law of the bride; Nicole Scheffer of Gordonville, cousin of the bride; and Cortney Goodin of Cape Girardeau, sister of the groom. Junior bridesmaid was Marissa Scheffer of Dutchtown, niece of the bride.
Andy Foote of North Carolina served the groom as best man. Groomsmen were Todd Scheffer of Dutchtown, brother of the bride; Aaron Foote of Scott City; and Scott Goodin of Cape Girardeau, brother of the groom. Junior groomsman was Brock Hammers of Jackson, cousin of the bride.
Flower girl was Allison Carnell of Jackson, cousin of the groom.
Guest book and program attendants were Casey Carnell of Jackson, cousin of the groom, and Maggie Davis of Collierville, Tenn., cousin of the bride.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City. Servers were Pam Goodin of Scott City, Pam Rutherford of Cape Girardeau, and P.J. Carnell of Jackson, aunts of the groom.
Parents of the couple hosted the rehearsal dinner May 9 at Gordonville.
Mrs. Goodin is a 1997 graduate of Notre Dame High School, and a 2001 graduate of Southeast Missouri State University. She is an accountant at Rubbermaid in Jackson.
The groom is a 1997 graduate of Central High School. He is a mechanic and wrecker operator at Carnell's Garage and Wrecker Service in Cape Girardeau.
After a wedding trip to Gulf Shores, Ala., the couple is residing in Jackson.