- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Reba Juanita Newell, 89, of St. Charles, Mo., and formerly of Marble Hill, died Saturday, June 14, 2003, at her home.
She was born April 27, 1914, at Grassy, Mo., daughter of Melvin Francis and Gertrude Lucinda Jackson McCormick. She and Floyd Elmo Newell were married June 8, 1935, at Van Buren, Mo. He preceded her in death.
Survivors include two sons; Ronald and Harold Newell of St. Charles; one sister, Eileen Rickman of Bridgeton, Mo.; two grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by an infant son and a sister.
Friends may call at 9 a.m. Monday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Randy Poole officiating. Burial will be in Grassy Friendship Cemetery.