- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Ethel J. Unnerstall, 91, of Benton died Saturday, Sept. 10, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born March 23, 1914, in Kelso, daughter of Benjamin and Dorothy Heuring Enderle. She married John A. Unnerstall July 1, 1933, in Jonesboro, Ill. He died Jan. 22, 1988.
Unnerstall was a homemaker. She was a member of St. Denis Catholic Church in Benton.
Survivors include a son and daughter-in-law, Donald J. and Maggie Unnerstall of Columbia. Mo.; four brothers, Edwin "Beans" Enderle of Cape Girardeau, Albert "Felix" Enderle of New Hamburg, Mo.; William Enderle of Scott City, and Thomas Enderle of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Lucille Sneed of Benton; and a granddaughter, Amanda Lee Unnerstall of Columbia.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Ford and Sons Benton Chapel with parish prayers at 7 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Denis Catholic Church with the Rev. James A. Seyer officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hills Memory Garden in Morley, Mo.