- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Florence Miller, 87, of Anna, Ill., died Sunday, Sept. 11, 2005, at City Care Center in Cobden.
She was born July 17, 1918, in Alexander Co., daughter of James and Stella Simpson Ice. She married Gerald Miller April 8, 1939. He died December 19, 1999.
Miller was a retired claims processor for the Illinois Department of Labor. She was a member of the United Methodist Church of Anna.
Survivors include two sons Roger Miller of Nashotah, Wisc., and Dan Miller of Murphysboro; a daughter, Rena Marzen of Chicago; two sisters, Martha Nehring of Murphysboro and Audrey Hood of VanCleave, Miss.; seven grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Anna from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home with the Rev. Allen Campbell officiating. Interment will be in Anna Cemetery.