- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Melvin A.C. Bailey, 52, of Advance died Sunday, Sept. 11, 2005, at Missouri Southern Healthcare in Dexter.
He was born May 7, 1953, in Senath, Mo., son of Melvin and Docia Wardlow Bailey. He and Pam West were married in 1974 in Doniphan.
Bailey was a retired electrician for Noranda Aluminum. He was of the Methodist faith.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Christopher and Joshua Bailey of Advance and James Bailey of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Ashley Bailey of Advance; his mother; two sisters, Wanda Bailey of Jackson and Linda Pruett of Alto Pass, Ill. and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father, a brother and a sister.
Friends may call Morgan Funeral Home in Advance from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home with the Rev. Mike Eighmy officiating. Interment will be in Cude Cemetery in Senath, Mo.