- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ORAN, Mo. -- Leon Patterson, 55, of Oran died Friday, June 13, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Jan. 5, 1948, in Oran, the son of Charles and Vellen Cody Patterson. He married Sandra Golightly on Oct. 20, 1967. She survives.
He was employed as a field agent by the Scott County assessor's office. He was a charter member of the Oran Jaycees.
He also is survived by his mother of Oran; two sons, Brandon Patterson and Chad Cook, both of Oran; a daughter, Traci Shands of Oran; a brother, Dale Patterson of Chaffee, Mo.; two grandsons, Dylan Shands and Dane Shands, both of Oran; and a granddaughter, Traci M. Shands of East Prairie, Mo.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Visitation will be after 4 p.m. today at the Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Marty Blakey officiating.
Burial will be at Forest Hills Memorial Gardens near Morley, Mo.