- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Cari Shaw and Tommy Wencewicz were married June 25, 2005, at St. John's United Methodist Church in Edwardsville, Ill. The Rev. William B. Lewis, grandfather of the bride, performed the ceremony. The message was given by the Rev. J. Friedel. Mat Conway was pianist and soloist, and trumpeter was Bruce Hoffman.
The bride is the daughter of Rob and Becky Shaw of Edwardsville. The groom is the son of Tom and Dotty Wencewicz of Cape Girardeau.
Maid of honor was Ellen Shaw, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Beth Zimmermann, cousin of the bride; Katie Michael, sister of the groom; Kristin Schulte and Joan Powers
Tim Wencewicz, brother of the groom, was best man. Groomsmen were Adam "Red" Seyer; Robert Michael, brother-in-law of the groom; Adam Miller; and Brian Zimmermann, cousin of the bride. Ushers were Ben Lewis and Dave Nevins, cousins of the bride.
Greeters were Emily Nevins and Rachel Rodriguez, cousins of the bride.
Flower girl was Ellie Worley, daughter of Jeff and Amy Worley and niece of the groom. Ringbearer was Chris Zimmermann, son of Pat and Connie Zimmermann and cousin of the bride.
The reception was held at Holiday Shores Clubhouse in Edwardsville.
Mrs. Wencewicz is a 2000 graduate of Edwardsville High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in early childhood education from Southeast Missouri State University in 2004. She is a first grade teacher at Blades Elementary in the Mehlville School District in Mehlville, Mo.
The groom is a 2000 graduate of Notre Dame High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in health management from Southeast in 2004. He is employed with the Edwardsville School District.
After a wedding trip to Riviera Maya, Mexico, the couple is residing in Edwardsville.