- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Redhawks spikers go 2-2 in Bradley tourney
Southeast Missouri State University's volleyball team finished the Bradley Tournament 2-2 with a split on Saturday.
The Redhawks (3-7) got 12 kills from Lauren Scannell in a 30-23, 30-28, 30-21 win over Oakland University. Jackson graduate Linden Hahs led Southeast with 11 digs.
Jackson graduate Jessica Koper recorded her third double-double of the tournament in a 30-23, 30-21, 30-27 loss to Northern Illinois.
Koeper had 14 kills and 11 digs. Jill Miller had 11 kills, Jamie Baumstark had 28 assists and Scannell had 12 digs.
Southeast soccer breaks school record
The Redhawks soccer team broke the school record for goals in a game with an 11-0 win at Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Saturday.
Casey Kraft led Southeast with three goals and four assists. Alaina Lacopo added two goals and two assists. Molli Beard also had two goals.
Kristal wins A flight drawback
Southeast Missouri State sophomore Drew Kristal won the 'A' flight drawback at the six-school Billiken Classic on Saturday at St. Louis University.
Kristal won the consolation final when Bradley's Elise Montrose retired due to injury. Montrose trailed 0-3 when she retired. It was the third straight victory for Kristal after a first-round loss to Emillie Sechaud of Illinois State. Kristal, Southeast's No. 2 player, then defeated Kim Braun of Bradley, 6-4, 6-1, and swept Andrea Courtney of Western Illinois, 6-4, 6-3, in the semifinals.
Bryce Kristal was the only Redhawk to win a first-round match, as she defeated Montrose 1-6, 6-3 (10-6). Kristal then lost in straight sets to Katri Miller of Illinois State, 1-6, 0-6.
-- From staff reports