- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Florida girl takes unexpected ride
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A 7-year-old took an unexpected ride when her mother's illegally parked minivan was towed with the girl inside.
The girl was inside the van Tuesday morning when it was towed from a parking lot, said police Sgt. Orlando Rolon.
The girl was discovered a few blocks later when the tow truck driver stopped to check on a loose wheel strap and noticed her, police said.
The tow truck driver wasn't cited for towing an occupied vehicle because he didn't know the girl was inside, Rolon said.
Under state law, the mother could have been charged with child neglect if the child had been younger than 6.