- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Everybody's a critic: 'The Constant Gardener'
Three stars (out of four)
Wow, what a movie. It has a little of everything in it for everyone.
"The Constant Gardener" is filled with conspiracies of epic proportion. The film is set in Africa among the lives of people who live ways we could never imagine, yet alongside some beautiful scenery.
The movie is about a young couple who are fighting odds that would be inconceivable to us. It is a political thriller with many surprises. As this young couple attempts to help all these people in need they find out about secrets that a drug company is hiding from a population it uses as guinea pigs but thinks is unworthy of the truth.
"The Constant Gardener" is not suitable for children. I think this is one you will really enjoy. It will definitely get you thinking and talking afterwards.
I recommend you see this one -- it kept me on the edge of my seat right up to the end.
-- Renee Pickett