- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Helen L. Sewing, 86, of Perryville died Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2005, at Perry Oaks Manor.
She was born June 26, 1919, at Egypt Mills, daughter of William and Beulah Deevers Foeste. She and Thurman O. McDaniel were married Aug. 24, 1940. He preceded her in death. She later married Earl E. Sewing Oct. 13, 1946.
Sewing retired as co-owner of Perryville Dry Cleaners. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Joanna Lottes of Perryville; two sisters, Viola Stovall and Dorothy Gloth of Cape Girardeau; two grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today, and Saturday from 6:30 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Matthew Marks officiating. Burial will be in Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery.