- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Ivan E. Lesch, 86, of Delta died Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 22, 1919, at Allenville, son of Guy and Ruth Mansker Lesch. He and Retha Lands were married Nov. 8, 1937. She died Sept. 18, 1998.
Mr. Lesch retired as a heavy equipment operator with Shelby Brown Construction Co. in Jackson.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include eight sons, Lonnie and Lindell Lesch of Allenville, Hughes, I.J., Don and Dale Lesch of Delta, Guy Lesch of Thebes, Ill., Tim Lesch of Jackson; a daughter, Sharon DeBrock of Delta; a brother, Todd Lesch of Bloomington, Minn.; two sisters, Joan Truman of Tahlequah, Okla., Drucille Lindgren of Gainesville, Fla.; 17 grandchildren; 27 great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; eight stepgrandchildren; and 16 great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two sons, three brothers, a sister and two grandchildren.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, Mo., with the Rev. Jack Owens officiating. Burial will be in Kenyon Cemetery at Delta.