- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Thanks for generous gift in Cape
To the editor:
I hope this letter reaches the very kind and generous couple whom we met in the Burger King (exit 96 off I-55) at approximately 7:30 a.m. Sept. 4. We were traveling back to our home in Louisiana to see what damage we had from the hurricane. We are fortunate: no flooding or damage to our home. The trees are down, and we did have damage in our yard, but our children's families also fared well. Thank you again for your generous gift. We will pass on your kindness and help those so much less fortunate than we were. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
JOE and LUCIE HANEWINKEL, Hammond, La.