- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
Thanks for generous gift in Cape
To the editor:
I hope this letter reaches the very kind and generous couple whom we met in the Burger King (exit 96 off I-55) at approximately 7:30 a.m. Sept. 4. We were traveling back to our home in Louisiana to see what damage we had from the hurricane. We are fortunate: no flooding or damage to our home. The trees are down, and we did have damage in our yard, but our children's families also fared well. Thank you again for your generous gift. We will pass on your kindness and help those so much less fortunate than we were. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
JOE and LUCIE HANEWINKEL, Hammond, La.