- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Thanks for generous gift in Cape
To the editor:
I hope this letter reaches the very kind and generous couple whom we met in the Burger King (exit 96 off I-55) at approximately 7:30 a.m. Sept. 4. We were traveling back to our home in Louisiana to see what damage we had from the hurricane. We are fortunate: no flooding or damage to our home. The trees are down, and we did have damage in our yard, but our children's families also fared well. Thank you again for your generous gift. We will pass on your kindness and help those so much less fortunate than we were. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
JOE and LUCIE HANEWINKEL, Hammond, La.