- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Strattman to step down as principal at St. Mary (4/28/17)1
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- New ride-hailing law draws praise from carGo official (4/25/17)
Thanks for generous gift in Cape
To the editor:
I hope this letter reaches the very kind and generous couple whom we met in the Burger King (exit 96 off I-55) at approximately 7:30 a.m. Sept. 4. We were traveling back to our home in Louisiana to see what damage we had from the hurricane. We are fortunate: no flooding or damage to our home. The trees are down, and we did have damage in our yard, but our children's families also fared well. Thank you again for your generous gift. We will pass on your kindness and help those so much less fortunate than we were. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
JOE and LUCIE HANEWINKEL, Hammond, La.