- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Restricted parking begins today
Restricted parking for the SEMO District Fair begins today, the Cape Girardeau Police warn.
Signs warning motorists not to park in Capaha Park, on North West End Boulevard or Perry Avenue will be in place today, police said. Those signs will restrict parking for Monday's SEMO District Fair Parade.
Signs restricting parking will also be placed around Arena Park area today, with enforcement beginning 10 a.m. Saturday.
Capaha Park will be closed at 6 a.m. Monday and only vehicles used in the parade will be allowed in the park.
West End Boulevard between Broadway and Normal Street will be closed at 4 p.m. Monday to allow the parade to form. Broadway west of West End Boulevard and Kingshighway between Broadway and Cape Rock Drive will be closed during the parade.
Broadview Street will be closed from Spartech Drive north to the Arena Park entrance during the parade and for a short time afterward. Southbound traffic on Kingshighway will be detoured west on Hopper Road. Only vehicles hauled in for Monday's Demolition Derby will be allowed to travel north on Broadview from Independence during the parade.
Anyone parking in a restricted area will be towed at owner's expense and a traffic ticket will be issued, police said.
-- Rudi Keller