- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
John Botwinski, 73, of Largo, Fla., died Friday, Aug. 19, 2005, at Hospice House Woodside in Pinellas Park, Fla.
He was born in Chicago, Ill. He moved to St. Petersburg, Fla., in 1987 and to Largo earlier this year.
Botwinski was a security guard 20 years with Brinks Inc., and later worked in security at Holy Cross Hospital, both in Chicago. He was a member of St. Jerome Catholic Church in Largo, and a volunteer at All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife, Gloria Botwinski; a son, Steven Botwinski of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Carol Botwinski of Largo, Mary Jo Meyer of Chicago; a brother, Robert Botwinski of Chicago; a sister, Stephanie Jung of Englewood, Fla.; and two granddaughters.
Funeral Mass was held Aug. 24 at St. Jerome Catholic Church. Inurnment will be at 11 a.m. Oct. 8 in Serenity Gardens Memorial Park in Largo.
Moss-Feaster Funeral Home Serenity Gardens Chapel in Largo was in charge of arrangements.