- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Betty Jo Thrower, 83, of Anna died Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2005, at South Gate Nursing Home in Metropolis, Ill.
She was born March 24, 1922, daughter of Harvey and Lela Baker Nichols. She married Woodrow Thrower, who died in 1993.
Thrower was a member of Mighty Rivers Regional Worship Center in Cairo, Ill. She was formerly of Olive Branch, Ill.
Survivors include two daughters, Karen Bosecker of Golconda, Ill., Jeannie Toler of Anna; a son, Dick Black of Golconda; six grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with Dr. Larry Potts officiating. Burial will be in Mound City National Cemetery.