- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)21
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Gladys Verretta Shine, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Sept. 5, 2005, at Heartland Care Rehab Center.
She was born Nov. 9, 1919, at Wellston, Mo., daughter of Ezra and Etta Cooper Beasley.
Shine had been a laundry worker, worked at Woolworth's, Dollar Store and Leo Dry Goods and Apparel in Overland, Mo., and in a real estate office. She moved to Cape Girardeau in 1990 from St. Louis.
Survivors include a half brother, Robert Carron of St. Louis.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
There is no visitation. Graveside service will be at 1:30 p.m. today at Valhalla Cemetery in St. Louis. The Rev. Dickerson will officiate.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.