- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Gladys Verretta Shine, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Sept. 5, 2005, at Heartland Care Rehab Center.
She was born Nov. 9, 1919, at Wellston, Mo., daughter of Ezra and Etta Cooper Beasley.
Shine had been a laundry worker, worked at Woolworth's, Dollar Store and Leo Dry Goods and Apparel in Overland, Mo., and in a real estate office. She moved to Cape Girardeau in 1990 from St. Louis.
Survivors include a half brother, Robert Carron of St. Louis.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
There is no visitation. Graveside service will be at 1:30 p.m. today at Valhalla Cemetery in St. Louis. The Rev. Dickerson will officiate.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.