- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Lonnie G. Townsend, 47, of Denver, Colo., died Friday, June 6, 2003, in Denver.
He was born Feb. 16, 1956, in St. Louis, son of Casper and Lois Barks Townsend. He and Susan Ann Kiefer were married Sept. 16, 1979.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Anita Schraetzlmayer of Denver; a son, Charles Townsend of Denver; two brothers, Ronnie Townsend of Jackson, Glen Thompson of Oak Ridge; two sisters, Jeannie Hardy of Houston, Texas, Donna Elder of Jackson; and stepfather, Bill LaBruyere of Jackson.
He was preceded in death by his parents, grandparents and a stepson.
The funeral was held Wednesday at Olinger Crown Hill Mortuary in Wheat Ridge, Colo.
A memorial service was held Friday at the Salvation Army in Cape Girardeau.